At the World Travel Awards (WTA), there was a list of Four Greek Resorts that came into recognition.
World Travel Awards
It was in 1993 that WTA came into establishment and acknowledged, celebrated and rewarded all the sectors of Industry for their excellence in the overall service. Today, the brand of WTA is recognized all over the world as the ultimate trademark of quality, with the benchmark being set by the winners, to which others aspire.
Achieving one of the top-notch distinctions in this the competition held this year, under particularly tragic circumstances- indicates that Greece is a broad reference point for the tourism industry.
The list if this year’s winners of the WTA are:
- World Leading Boutique Resort 2020- Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites and Spa, Santorini- Situated in the heart of Santorini at the Oia village, it is known not only for its gifted views and facilities but also their philosophy of their service, which exists a basic element of Greece perfect for Authentic Philoxenia, which means Loving Hospitality. In their every act and the manner they go about, it is always from the heart and the sincere intent to provide the guests with their everything to make the guests’ stay exceptional and soulful.
- World’s Leading Eco lodge 2020- Aristi Mountain Resort and Villas Loannia- It is a property more oriented towards nature, by keeping it as their theme and gives a lush green and refreshing feeling to all the guests to come to stay over. Their rooms cater to almost all categories of guests, whether you are a bachelor, with your partner or a family. The materials of it are built off of Stone and wood that are exclusively decorated and quite functional.
- World’s Leading Family Beach Hotel- Sani Resort, Halkidiki- It is a hotel that is frequented with winning many awards, for making itself a world-class holiday destination. It is situated in a peaceful 1000 acre ecological reserve, outlined by spectacular pine forests and golden beaches.
- World’s Leading Hotel Villa. 2020- Royal Blue Mansion @ Mykonos Blu Grecotel Exclusive Resort, Mykonos- It was honoured as the Leading Luxury Hotel Villa of Greece in the World Travel Awards, 2019 and is exclusive and ideal for hosting small parties. Every part of the mansion has its own set of spectacular and scenic panoramic views, be it from the spacious lounges, the entertainment parlour, the well-spaced furnished terraces and the bedroom suites. It is the view that allures many people to visit and its like a cherry on the cake with their magnificent service.
- World’s Leading Luxury Green Resort 020- Sani Resort, Halkidiki Apart from a family resort, it is also good for nature lovers. If you wish to get out of the hustle and bustle of the busy world, then this hotel is for you. Although you may see families, for a change of atmosphere and a bit of nature embrace, this is the perfect destination for many.
“World Leading Tourist Board” was what Tourism Ministry and GNTO was voted for
The Ministry and Tourism of Greece and the Greek National Tourism Organization, at the World Travel Awards( WTA) 2020 was awarded the “ World Leading Tourist Board. As stated by the Greek Tourism Minister Harry Theoharris, he accepts the award with great joy and pride on behalf of the country, the highest distinction of the awards belonging to WTA. This is the award that their country has won it for the first time.
The WTA ward is a massive distinction, that will help Greece to successfully open the country to more tourists especially during the Pandemic. It also indicates how the country, with austerity, dedication and the spirit of teamwork, went through the plight of Covid-19- a phenomenon that drastically turned the world upside down and also the biggest ever challenges faced by tourists from all over the world since 2000, in the most effective way.
Angela Gerekou, the President of the GNTO thanked the WTA for the support it provided and also added that it is the country’s responsibility to revive tourism as quickly as they can and in a sustainable way. She dedicated the award to all the Heroes and heroines of the tourism industry and also hopes 2021 will mark the start of a bright future.